RIP Bently Blake
Waiting at the Bus Stop
- Leave for the bus stop early to avoid rushing.
- Wait at the bus stop and not across the street.
- Stand at least three to five giant steps back from the curb.
- Stay out of the street.
- Don't play games, listen to music, or watch videos.
- Younger kids should walk to the bus stop with someone older and more responsible.
Getting on the Bus
- Wait until the bus has stopped and the door opens before trying to board the bus.
- Use the handrail when boarding the bus.
- Do not push or shove when getting on the bus.
- Find your seat and sit down quickly without rushing.
- Don't touch the emergency doors or handles.
Behavior on the Bus
- Wear seat-belts if available.
- Keep noise low to avoid distracting the driver.
- Stay in your seat.
- Don't stick anything out the window.
- Keep aisles clear.
- Always listen to the bus driver.
- Wait for the bus to stop before getting out of your seat.
Getting Off the Bus
- Use the handrail when existing the bus.
- Do not push or shove when getting off the bus.
- Walk in front of the bus, at least 10 feet, and wait for the driver to signal you before crossing.
- Never walk behind the bus.
- Never walk under a bus.
- Slow down and stop if you’re driving near a school bus that is flashing yellow or red lights.